This twelve-week course offered in a blended online delivery with optional synchronous sessions, will prepare human resources professionals for the Society for Human Resource Management’s SHRM-CP/SCP certification. The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certifications are built upon the SHRM BASK which is more than an exam outline. It defines the standards for knowledge, strategies and competencies required for effective HR professionals around the world. To maintain this level of excellence and relevancy, SHRM brought together some of the best minds in the HR profession to define eight behavioral competencies and 15 functional areas that every HR professional should know.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a comprehensive overview of the human resource management profession.
- Analyze areas of personal strength and opportunities for personal improvement in relation to the HR profession.
- Create networks between HR generalists and HR specialists in order to further one's opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Explain how to create and maintain strategic and operational goals and objectives designed to align the human resource management function with the strategic and operational goals of one's organization.
- Evaluate the importance and need for continuous education and learning associated with the HRM function.
Prior to enrolling in this preparatory course, it is very important to do the following:
- Determine your eligibility.
- Determine which section of this preparatory course you would like to take based on the testing window you wish to take the exam. SHRM Exam Dates and Fees
- Apply for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- Register for and then participate in the preparatory course – BUSN500!
- Take the exam and leverage your certification to grow your career!